National Export Strategy of the Ministry of Commerce was launched in 2015 and it is being developed for the next five years 2020-2025. The Vision is Sustainable Export led Growth and Prosperity for Emerging Myanmar. In the new strategy,
there are six new focus sectors and eight sectors to continue from previous plan. NES will be implemented through four supporting sectors including Trade Information Service.
Market Research Association (MRA) takes a key role in trade information sector strategy and plan of actions. In order to support National Export Strategy 2020-2025, Trade Information Working Committee is being reorganized by Myantrade of the Ministry of Commerce. Altogether seven members from MRA participate in TI Working Committee as follows.
- U Moe Kyaw, Chairman of MRA- TI Committee Vice Chairman-1
- U Kyaw Hlaing, Vice Chairman of MRA- TI Committee Member
- U Thuta Aung, EC Member of MRA- TI Committee Member
- U Nyi Min Khant, Member of MRA- TI Committee Member
- Daw Mi May Phyu Phyu Sin, Member of MRA- TI Committee Member
- U Aung Min, Secretary of MRA, TI Committee Joint Secretary-1
- U Kyaw Soe Moe, Joint Secretary of MRA, TI Committee Joint Secretary-2
TI Committee forming public and private sector is developing Plan of Action for Trade Information Sector Strategy under four strategic objectives below;
- Strategic objective 1: Develop systemized, sustainable TI collection practices.
- Strategic objective 2: Improve the reach and relevance of TI within Myanmar.
- Strategic objective 3: Improve the quality and timeliness of TI.
- Strategic objective 4: Increase coordination and collaboration among TSIs in Myanmar.
MRA will try to provide trade information services to stakeholders in 2020-2025.
U Aung Min, Secretary